While there has been much (justified) rejoicing at the British National Party losing its final district councillor, the far-right group formerly led by Nick Griffin had been overtaken by other far-right groups long ago.
But thankfully, they’re not the only racist turds having a tough time. Let’s spare a thought for the delightful chaps at Britain First it’s not been a good few months:
- 18 December: Britain first leaders Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen banned from Twitter
- 7 March: Paul Golding sentenced to 18 weeks in prison for anti-Muslim hate crime
- 7 March: Jayda Fransen sentenced to 36 weeks at the same trial
- 14 March: Facebook bans the two-million-follower Britain First Facebook page, cutting off their main means of communication
- Jayda Fransen referred to the government’s Prevent anti-extremism programme
And it doesn’t end there. Lovely Paul and Jayda are being sued for libel over a YouTube video allegedly claiming that sales of halal meat fund Islamic terrorism.
The action by the Halal Food Authority — a nonprofit body involved in food certification — could land the pair personally on the hook for hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Britain First are telling supporters that Fransen could lose her home.