Angela Merkel illuminati

In sharp contrast to Downing Street’s muted message that they “congratulated” Donald Trump on his victory last night, Angela Merkel took a very different approach today

In a statement read out this afternoon in German, Ms Merkel said:

Germany and America are connected by values of democracy, freedom and respect for the law and the dignity of man, independent of origin, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political views.

I offer the next President of the United States close cooperation on the basis of these values.

In other words, we will engage with you, but only on the basis of our shared values.

Bravo, Ms Merkel!

WATCH (in German)

Merkel’s curt response is probably related to his views on her work. Last year Trump told an interviewer:

What’s happening in Germany, I always thought Merkel was, like, this great leader. What she’s done in Germany [allowing in refugees] is insane. It’s insane.

How many other leading nations will stand up to Trump after today?

1. The American government have, for decades, condemned the Berlin wall since its conception. Will the German government return the favour by condemning the wall in the USA Mexico wall? Somehow I think not!

2. Charles Robinson says:

Refugees displaced by war (not of their own making) and needing help and support they are people not so different to us. If the tables were turned we would hope for compassion and help

3. Nevospelo has a very poor grasp of history as do most who voted for Trump. They are sad pawns, the real facists are those who voted for him while aware of history.

4. Exactly and I grew up behind it under communist dictatorship. Today , 27 years after that Berliner wall came down, we not only have the BREXSHIT but the election result in US ! Are we going backwards now? It fucking looks like it

5. Well put Angela Merkel at last a leader who sees it right to remind Trump of humanity. I just hope the USA and the world can see out the next 4 years with the minimum of upheavals and hopefully a return to normality.

6. She is a globalist who supports a worldwide Progressive Empire ruled by technocrats who cull the world population through slow-kill policies. She is dangerous, and Donald Trump is the best antidote to the likes of Angela Merkel.

7. In America the dumbing down of it’s people has come full circle, they elected the dumbest of them all to be their president.

8. Like the USA cares what tiny irrelevant Germanys dictator mumbled. She’s the next one out.
    Democracy – now she knows what the majority of Americans want. That’s democracy like it or not.

9. Among anti-Trump zealots and fanatics, the comment of Vance Armor shines through… Germany has lost its way, will loose their milenial Prussian pride and customs, loose their way of life. I would say Merkel started a downfall of her country. History will start to show that, and may be pretty soon…:-(

10. 80%% are single men aged 18 to 34…fighting age…they are taking advantage of the refugee crisis. They should be fighting for their country. Germany like the rest of Western Europe is finished. One generation they will out breed you and then vote you out of office

11. Madasaboxoffrogs says:

Vance Armor (and Newsel), oh and Nolo, hello there: so what do you believe? Obviously not humanity or respect for one’s fellow human beings – unless they share your distorted views, irrespective of the horrific situation in which they happen, through no fault of their own, to find themselves. You have clearly been mesmerised by the pompous views of that bully who has just, admittedly through due democratic process, been elected President of the strongest nation on earth (“let’s make America great again” – what, I though it already was?). In the words of Mrs Clinton, we should at least give him a chance to lead – that is graciousness to the nth degree, something all those named above will never appreciate or comprehend.

12. My God, there are such morens in those responses it makes we cringe. Vance, so you mean American voters do not share the universal values such as human rights? Congratulations. The last Anonimous post puts %s out of the blue, you are welcome also to do a tour of the region the great republican leaders put on fire lying on weapons of mass destruction. Go there and stay there.

13. Merkel has screwed the German People. Helping Refugees is admirable . But at what cost. The amount of refugees entering other countries is excessive the cost to the German people is excessive . The increase in, Rape, Crime, loss of culture, language, and social services. These refugees want to change your laws and Religion and will outnumber you and will succeed!

14. I think what is stark, is the contrast and comparability to Bexit. I am a 32 year old mourning Brexit, I was born into a multicultural society. I wasn’t privileged in relation to my family, but was lucky enough to prosper from a Government that invested in the less fortunate. When you look at the statistics of voters in the UK and US it mirrors. Women, minorities, youth and the older population. They voted in the same way. What that says to me, is that when you leave a section of society behind and you don’t invest I. Lifespan support at every level. Then this is what happens segregation, anger, unknowing voters. The key to every successful to society is underpinning it with supportive inftastructure.

15. Glenn Hashitani says:

Just to be clear. The majority of the popular USA vote went to Hillary Clinton. Through the convoluted Electoral College of the states, delegates are disproportional. It is the same reason we got the George Bush II and the Iraq War. Also only a little over half of the eligible voters voted. So Trump was elected by less than a quarter of the eligible voters. So even less than a third of all USA citizens.

16. Indeed. Guess there’d have been an even higher turn-out and an even more dumb result if the electorate had had the opportunity to vote for Donald Duck.

17. “Germany has lost its way, will loose their milenial Prussian pride and customs, loose their way of life. I would say Merkel started a downfall of her country. History will start to show that, and may be pretty soon…:-(” Glad to have found one person who is able to look into the future. As for now I’d like to invite you to my German hometome and have a look at the “crisis”. We have the lowest unemployement-rates since 20y. People around me life just the same life as before.

18. As German let me assure you that nothing has changed in our country since the beginning of the refugee crisis. So whatever horror nightmare it is that makes you wake up at night. It is not real and just a lie.

19. The german Frau says:

“Merkel has screwed the German People. Helping Refugees is admirable . But at what cost. The amount of refugees entering other countries is excessive the cost to the German people is excessive . The increase in, Rape, Crime, loss of culture, language, and social services. These refugees want to change your laws and Religion and will outnumber you and will succeed!”

20. Keith Robert Bray says:

Everyone is reducing Trump to an utter idiot but he’s got a degree in Economics. So we are dealing with with a smarter cookie than we are led to believe. He now represents the voice of the mob. And we all know how that pans out. Reign of terror along with the paranoia and Machiavellian power games. Nothing new then!!!!!!!.

21. Well, then, here I am a German, and oh, I am a woman, too. Shocking for some of you, I know, me here, saying what I think. I am proud to be German because at least we try to help people in need. Maybe sometimes there are little problems but they are worth it. We do not shoot our neighbours, we do not build walls, but we do celebrate democracy. And those of you celebrating all this hate, this is insane and not at all the way we Germans live our lifes. Maybe we are what you communist-wall-buildung-bricks call Hippies. Fighting for freedom, for love, for being nice to each other. But this is it, you know. This is life. I chose to live it that way, and I am thankful to Angie that she is on the same side.

22. –> That is complete bullshit. I live in the second largest city in germany and the crime and rape rates are not up, they are the same as before the crisis. Our Social services are fine, and our culture and language are too. Saying “These refugees” is a stupid as saying “these americans” or “these norwegians”. I am happy to report that i still live in a country where the majority of people belive in humanity, peace and kindness. And i was never a supporter of Angela Merkel, but how she conducted herself in the refugee crisis made me proud to be german. For the first time in my 40 years.

>> Completely agree to this statement. I`m also german, living without a gun under my pillow, having health insurance (yes, great thing, believe me), unemployment insurance, etc. – and happy not to have to live in the US where everyone is afraid about something. And yes – I`m no Merkel-fän, but her statement is great *thumbsup*

23. I live in a village in Germany that has refugees living here. There are a few more darker faces around, but no overall difference. Most are trying hard to learn German and get their own apartments. A few are lazy, maybe a few are even criminal, but show me any group of people that is not true of.
    A lot of people put in a lot of volunteer work to make them feel welcome, and they have mostly responded well. I am absolutely not a CDU voter, but am proud of Merkel, and think overall she has done a good job. I wouldn’t vote for her party at any lower level, but if there was a direct vote for her as Chancellor, I would.

24. To understand Mrs Merkel’s open door policy on refugees, you have to understand how Germany’s nationality laws work. When one moves to Germany one is issued with a “Certificate of Residence” but told that one never get German citizenship unless one can demonstrate a long term, (they talk about a minimum of 12 years) overwhelming connection with Germany. Criminal activity, no job after a reasonable period, anti social behavior etc will all result in revocation of the certificate and a reservation on the next plane back, and it is rigorously enforced. Ignorance and brexit lies led to the referendum result.

25. Merkel, as a national leader, is doing what leaders do; juggle a multitude of interests. In this case she’s handling a sensitive issue with professionalism and compassion. This maybe fruit of her having lived in the old East.
    In my opinion, she’s performing the task admirably.
    Given Trump’s remarks about Mexico and this wall, he’s behaving exactly like a self -entitled inheritor of considerable wealth would be expected to; arrogance, childishness and insensitively.
    I’m not sure the American public – certainly the working class section of all backgrounds – are going to have a heed time over the next four years if h carries out his threat on the withdrawal of Obamacare…

26. I don’t know German politics – but what Ms Merkel said was gutsy and wise. I’d vote for her if she was British.
    Maybe if we had a Merkel equivalent instead of destroyers like Farage we wouldn’t be so dim witted as to harm our own economy at the start of the most dangerous era since the 1930s.
    The neo-fascists are here and we’re letting them tantrum and take over.

27. All these past years I was everything but close to Angela Merkel and the party she’s part of but since she started the pro refugees course here in Germany I support this course wherever I can. There’s absolutely no increase of crime or rape since the refugees are here. This is simply a big lie spread by populists. There’s rather a massive increase in terror against refugees that is supported or tolerated by populists. This is disgusting. Merkel’s statement on Trump’s election is exactly what all who have an open mind expect from everyone as a basis for a constructive communication.

28. dittmar bockle says:

mr. Harrison what an stupid person you are. increasingly insignificant is the so called “united” kingdom if you know anything and understand politics at all. go and play with your balls or let trump do it you might enjoy that more.

29. Since yesterday I am so endlessly grateul and proud of living in a country where humanity, responsibility and rational thinking based on facts are the prevailing base for politics. Life in Germany ist good. It was good before the recent immigration and it is still good and as long as we have politicians like Merkel we have good hope that it will stay good. To all you americans who voted for Trump: I perfectly understand that that a great part of you are searching for a way to improve life. But how – HOW – HOW – can you expect that this improvement can be made by a man like Trump?

30. @ Harrison

Please tell us: what does the majority of the Americans want? Exactly. And how do you expect to reach this by voting for Trump as president? Please enlighten us stupid Europeans, because we really do not understand.

31. The German people once listened and believed in their great leader – and read your history – it didn’t work out! So, here it is happening once again but here!

32. Laurie Lonnevik says:

Would have really liked an English interpetation of her speech. Enjoy comments. Too much censorship here in good ol USA!

33. Electing Trump reminds me ov 1933 Germany electing Hitler.
    Trump is no democrat, he is an autocrat endangering our country becoming fascistic .

34. Merkel is a strong woman with a good mind and heart. Compare and contrast May, a heartless, anti-intellectual snob, congenitally grasping and greedy. She will not live to see 2020 politically. Trump is someone only a stupid minority of the US could spew up. Now we have to keep our eyes on the fascists, as embodied by Le Pen and the far right.

35. America needs some one likeAngela Merkel. Right on the mark with her view on the American election .DidHitler have any family in the USA. This might be one of his lost relatives who just became our president .

36. I am so pleased to see the comments of German people praising Merkels comments regarding Trump. This world needs more people like Angela Merkel standing up for what she and the rest of good people think. She may well suffer in a future election and be replaced by a someone who has no compassion on the refugees who are the victims of our world. I too admire her for speaking the truth in love rather than others who will turn a blind eye to Trump to get him onside to broker deals.

37. wow these Trumpsters really should learn to read. At no point did Nevosopelo SAY that Germany built the Berlin Wall. What he said was

“The American government have, for decades, CONDEMNED THE BERLIN WALL SINCE IT’S CONCEPTION. Will the German government return the favour by condemning the wall in the USA Mexico wall? Somehow I think not!”

You Trumpsters are so quick to point the finger of stupidity that you don’t even realize three more are pointing back at you. Sit down and shut up, the grown ups are trying to talk politics.

38. During the early years of the Cold War, West Berlin was a geographical loophole through which thousands of East Germans fled to the democratic West. In response, the Communist East German authorities built a wall that totally encircled West Berlin. It was thrown up overnight, on 13 August 1961.

There’s this new fangled invention called the information super highway but I think the kids are starting to call it the interweb. You should use it sometime. There’s all kinds of info on it and on occasion, it’s somewhat accurate. Better yet, get off the Web and Crack a book open, peferably a history one.

39. A third of the wall has already been built between Mexico and USA. No one has mentioned that. Israel has been building walls for twenty years. There are many things that people do not like about Trump and it is their prerogative. One thing not mentioned is the pursuit of peace in the world and for that Trump is the only one available in the murky water of USA politics has brought the subject up. When the world leads up the tensions of today, I would say Peace would be a good place to start. USA spend so much money on war and the Americans are getting poorer by the day and their infrastructure is falling apart. Their water is undrinkable. I am sure the Americans will figure it out in time. And if Merkel thinks she can dictate to America, some how I don’t think that will work out.

40. I don’t understand you guys are very weak and your culture is very weak if you think that refugees will change your lifestyle and culture instead of you changing there lifestyle and culture, if you are strong and your cause is right don’t be afraid that the (weak needy )refugees will take over instead they will integrate and become part of your strong old society. Stay calm Angela Merkel knows what she’s doing because she’s confident of her values and strong culture.

41. For one Iam happy to see Obama and Clinton shameless lies,corruption treasonous acts and bring in immigrants by the thousands leave the White House! I can’t fugue why the Demo acts like they just came out of the jungle.Where have yall been for the last 8 years. I might not be the most political correct but I did understand America’s ass is in a twist! How much longer could she have stood under those horrible politics. One Nation under God does not require educated brains,we do need God! Without law and order,values and decent morals might as well grab your donkey because we will be taking a wild ride which we will not recover from.Please no comments I can’t take another lofty,smirk or stupid remark from either side!

42. Vance and all who see from that paradigm, you got it right. A very big shame to all those who think Donald Trump is a wrong choice. If you only ask God to open your eyes to see into the future of America you wouldn’t condemn Trump because of his lapses. Y’all have your lapses too and may be worse than his. Get this straight into any form of myopia you may be affected with. The world needs someone with Trump’s kind of guts to make it safe for Christians. Believe that!!!

43. Hmmm, Angela’s comments seem to indicate she drank the same kool aid the libs here did and blanketly agreed with what they were wrongly being fed … that Trump is a racists, etc. IMO nothing could be further from the truth. Looks like she is all for globalization …. i.e. she wants other Countries to be in a crappy position like she put Germany into with all this immigration.

44. a non statement from a fool . Trump is for America and American Values. She has listed these values…no story here , folks ….

45. how do you people compare the german wall to the wall on our border? ignorant dummies ,the wall will be meant to keep out the drug smugglers and the criminals coming out of mostly lawless countries like mexico and certain s american countries ,and how do you describe the refugees pouring into germany as being not so different then them? clearly by the actions and behavior they are clearly different , you want your country back? send the rapfugees packing