Following on from Scrapbook’s earlier story on Godfrey Bloom, the UKIP MEP who addressed the European Parliament after consuming a combination of drink and prescription drugs, it seems only fair to take this opportunity to paint a more detailed picture of our new boozed-up muse in the best way we know: a greatest hits of his idiocy.
Prolific in the art of foot in mouth, the member representing Yorkshire and the Humber was clearly expecting this day to come, with a litany of misogynistic, climate change denying and xenophobic comments lying in his wake:
- Beginning with his first transgression, on assuming office in 2004, Bloom wasted little time before sparking controversy, suggesting he wanted to deal with women’s issues because: “I just don’t think they clean behind the fridge enough”.
- Attempting to rectify this faux pas, the UKIP politician subsequently invited a group of female students to Brussels, only to be accused of sexual harassment and overheard commenting on a colleague: “Isn’t she the most delicious bimbette? Absolutely thick, but good tits”.
- Away from misogyny and alcohol, the Yorkshire-based MEP has also vehemently denied man-made climate change, claiming it’s little more than a hypothesis.
- Was faced with calls to resign after praising the French secret service for their role in sinking a Greenpeace ship in 1985.
- And to complete the set, back in 2010, Bloom was ejected from the European Parliament after he heckled a German member of the chamber with the Nazi slogan: “Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer”, which means one people, one empire, one leader.
Tellingly, Godfrey Bloom admits he has always been “deeply suspicious of received wisdom”, with his track record, you wouldnt’ have guessed it!