Our most-clicked stories of the last seven days were:
- Boris Johnson appears to fabricate “damage costs” to smear UK Uncut
- We find relevance for superinjunctions in Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds
- Cameron hugs Obama close in 2011 — after backing John McCain in 2006
- Singer Adele whines about tax after attending state performing arts school
- Camerons showcase their £30,000 kitchen as household spending slumps
As parliamentary recess calms the political news cycle, one story still threatens to disturb the coalition.