Two Conservative Party social media accounts for Kensington and Chelsea borough have been accused of circulating the following graphic mocking Ed Miliband as a stroke victim — before finishing with the phrase “Time to LOL”:

Miliband stroke poster

With the local party hierarchy and Tory HQ aware of the allegations, the Twitter account in question @CampdenWard vanished then re-appeared (possibly replaced with another account) then vanished again, while the Campden Ward Conservatives Facebook account has been cleaned — and bizarrely renamed to “London parks and trees” and now “Parks Lnd”:

Campden Ward Facebook

This bears all the hallmarks of an effort to expunge incriminating content.

Multiple people appear to have referenced the graphic on Facebook:

Campden Ward Facebook comments

We’re currently waiting on a statement from CCHQ.

1. Discraceful !My wife.and I had a terrifying week last week She displayed all the symptoms of a stroke and was rushed into hospital ‘ while she had tests including CI scan and a full MRI scan it was an awful time for us and all our family Fortunately it was revealed as an inner ear problem and after a weeks stay in hospital was released to home with further treatment to help alleviate the problem , Shame on.you for that disgusting attack on your opponent !!! You have sunk even lower than usual !!@

2. This has make me sick. I’ve had 3 strokes and I’m 40. This shows they’ve no respect at all and more so not for the disabled disgusting.

3. Deanne O'connor says:

I was 29 when i had my first stroke, now you post that poster that, u may hate disabled and any disability people who have a voice who battle against you, but that u are beyond the joke now conservatives…… Whether its ur members or support members but i am now going to make sure all stroke clubs get hold of this now, see ya david Cameron and Jeremy hunt, you don’t care about others just yourselves!!!

4. I am disgusted by this !!! Whoever thinks this is funny, doesn’t realise how much people like myself are hurt and outraged, I suffered a stroke at a young age this ain’t something to laugh about !!!!! They should be made to apologise to stroke victims and there family’s publicly !

5. I wish I could be shocked at what the Conservatives clearly think of as ‘funny’. What revolting people – anybody even tempted to vote for them must surely be evil? One day some of them may discover that their money can’t protect them from the strike of a sudden and chronic illness. Do not let Cameron back in. Please.

6. How dare they do something so horrific. So revealing about what Tories are capable of. They deserve nothing.

7. I hate these people. How have they been allowed to get away with 5 years in power? They should be put on trial for the lives lost as a result of their policies. Suicides because ill and disabled people can’t pay bills. Deaths because ill people can’t look after themselves. Cameron cuts their benefits and somehow sleeps at night knowing he’s essentially murdered them. Cameron cuts the services he actually made use of when looking after his disabled son. He claims to have relied on those services – but now that he no longer needs them, he gets rid of them for others. No, disability isn’t glamorous and so its voice isn’t heard. But one day, it will be, on an enormous scale, and David Cameron will be held to account for the people he’s killed.

8. The absolute f#cking b#stards (sorry for swearing) Just when you think they can’t get any lower I was involved in the fight to save my local A & E and I could not believe they could get rid of the unit which saved both mine and many other people’s lives but this is a new low I am ashamed to live in the same country as them

9. My husband had a stroke 11 years ago, and is hemiplegic,. To associate the dirty tactics of politics with stroke victims everywhere is an absolute disgrace. Will anyone be brave enough to own these comments? I doubt very much. But whoever was responsible has lost my vote, and I hope many others too. Shame on you!

10. I am disgusted by this and it should be plastered every where and on the news anyone who support the tories should be a shamed of themselves I do not find this funny I am so sorry to all the people who have had a stoke

11. Typical tory, taking the mick of real people after a stroke, but comes as no surprise, hope they get thrown out in election! Ed is the bigger man!!

12. VoiceOfReason says:

Putting labour into power would be absolute suicide for the country right now….. This may not be the best advert for the Tories but they are a *MUCH* better option than Milliband and and his bunch of lunatics.
    And anyone who thinks labour mp’s don’t have little in-jokes like this is deluding themselves…….. They are obviously just better at hiding them than the Tories (is that a good thing or a bad one?)
    Perhaps if voting choices were made based on the merits overall of the party in question instead of at the hands of sensationalist newspaper stories things would be better for everyone!

13. VoiceOfReason says:

14. Tories are the worst party going they are vile and this vile comment just shows vote labour to save us from bullie school posh boys

15. I’m a 35 year old stroke survivor and am thankfully lucky to be alive.

If this is the doing of the Tories this is just another point for list of cons for a political party.

Whoever did it I sincerely hope they can experience the turmoil of a stroke and then we can laugh at them when they’re feeling down at what’s happened!!

16. Angelo Mazzeo says:

What’s the betting there is no mention of it in the Tory press, but had something like this been put out by the Labour Party structure it would have been front page for weeks.

17. Beryl Oldroyd says:

The origin poster helped me identify my Aunt’s stroke and quickly call an ambulance. This is an appalling use of that worthwhile and informative poster. What does Jeremy Hunt think?

18. To stoop to this level they must be worried, it’s not clever and it’s not funny, and not quite sure what point their trying to make.
    Shame on you !

19. Its an absolute disgrace, the people responsible should be named shamed and sacked. How utterly distasteful and cruel to the victims of a stroke and to those who have lost loved ones through suffering a stroke. The culprit(s) should publicly apologise on 6 o’clock news for all to hear. Shame on you whoever you are.

20. I have suffered asthma attacks before, do the Tories find that funny to ??? What can you expect from a party that wants to legalize hunting again, murder badgers and track underneath our homes!

21. I hate the tories .. They are scum and the sooner we get a labour goverment the better.

If cameron gets back in i’m leaving England another term of them and cuts and we will have nothing left.

22. keith anderson says:

I had a stroke that took half my body from me, I worked hard all my life till then, I’m now classed as a benefit scrounger showing the real contempt the conservative party,this advert just goes to show.
    Had I seen the real advert before hand my life would be drastically different, as I ignored the signs to keep working

23. Janis D Aitken says:

My brother had a stroke and it is not FUNNY ! how dare you I hope it never happens to you my brother cannot speak clearly and cannot get out of a chair without help ! You are a disgrace !

24. Hope that ‘VoiceOfReason’ realises the irony in his comment and his name. If you really were the voice of reason you would see that you’ve no shame. Still blindly backing a party that has ruined the country for ideological reasons to make the already wealthy more wealthy at the expense of the poor masses, at the expense of human life, or do you not consider the disabled and ill as human? Is that how you’re able to ignore such a vile thing, because anyone disabled/ill or not wealthy is inhuman? Google alternatives to the right wing media’s portrayal of the Tories, their economic record and what they have done to millions of ill/disabled and poor human beings, then you’ll see the truth, open your mind to it please!! To the individuals that have suffered because of the Tories and because of the right wing media portrayal of you as a ‘scrounger’, please know that there are many decent people in our society that are with you, not against you. There are many fighting to kick Cameron Out and to ensure the Labour party reverse welfare reform and cuts and fighting for society to ignore tory and right wing media propaganda against the disabled/ill/poor to ensure a better future with dignity, respect, compassion, empathy and understanding. I and others fighting are not deluded to think it’s going to be easy, but please know we are fighting for and with you, we will always fight injustices. @PoliticalSift

25. You vile ‘people’. Catherine Faulkes – you think your ‘Twitter might have been hacked’??? You’re pathetic.
    I hope you get it fixed soon so you can get back to the playground. Although I suspect you might be too busy laughing at beheadings and jeering cancer patients. Cuntservatives.

26. It’s an out of taste joke but it’s not offensive.. unless having a stoke is something everyone sees as a stigma or offensive. Saying ed Miliband looks like hes have a stroke when he’s not is better than saying he looks like a slack or a retard.. That’s a lot worse.

27. DISGUSTING YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED AND THE GUILTY ONES WHO POSTED THIS AND WANT TO RUN OUR COUNTRY EECPECT VOTES YOU DONT DESERVE IN YOUR COURNER TO.offensive to Stoke Survives. I had a Stroke June 25 2014. Texting is difficult takes longer to do it . Going out on my own round town is a task all the shops look alien toe me .I feel lost most of the time. I can’t cook because I’m a risk to myself with short term memory.
    I’ve been a Volunteer working with stroke survives they have challenging disabilities. Some haven’t spoken for over 8yrs. Some are left blind.some only have 1 limb that works. Most only go out when someone is with them. Some haven’t got no family to visit them.

28. As someone when has had a stroke and also lost a family member to a stroke I find this hugely offensive. The Tories have just shown themselves for the twisted, sick, despicable group they are.

29. Whoever did this needs to be traced I don’t think anyone who really cares would do this. I have lived through many years of of Labour and Conservatives they both have policy’s that don’t suit everyone. What I do hate is when anyone mentioned voting Conservative they violated.

30. Wow, the PC brigade are out in force today!

Isn’t it possible that this is just funny, that someone has set out to ridicule Milibean & done rather a good job.

Just because I’ve got a small dick doesn’t mean I don’t laugh at jokes about other people’s underwhelming undercarriage :~)

31. This has made my mind up I’m voting Labour , I can’t stand by as a victim of Tia’s I’m outraged where is the apology from the Tories ???? What sort of sick puppy posted this

Tories your a bloody disgrace