MP confessed to ‘horse fetish’ … but wouldn’t support gay marriage

Ronnie Campbell

From Boris Johnson to Rick Santorum, we are sadly familiar with politicians comparing gay relationships with bestiality. But Labour’s backbenches are home to what may be a counterposing case – an MP who admitted to a fetish for horses but voted against gay marriage yesterday.

When a local newspaper rang 64 year-old MP Ronnie Campbell and asked whether he supported an event in his Blyth Valley constituency to mark so-called National Fetish Day, he told them: “I have no problem with it and I am happy to show my support”.

With the event running under the slogan “perverts wear purple”, the north east regional paper Sunday Sun asked whether he would be entering into the sartorial spirit of the day:

“I have a purple tie and a purple shirt so I will be able to wear their colours.”

And he even admitted to having an unnatural fondness for horses:

“I must have a thousand [fetishes] but, hand on my heart, I couldn’t tell which is the most important one. Probably the horses.”

When the bemused local hack explained to him the meaning of the word, however, Campbell quickly U-turned:

“Oh my God almighty, my God, is that what a fetish is? I thought a fetish was a worry, like worrying about backing the right horse.”

Good to MPs with a firm grasp on the facts deciding the laws of the land.

1. Katrina Woodrow says:

I always thought he was thick, never thought the confirmation of this would be so amusing. Stick a red rosette on a monkey in the north east and they would win regardless of policies!

2. Obnoxious twat says:

And you my dear will still be ugly in the morning.

3. Northumbrian says:

There was a quantity of guns and ammunition seized from a cache behind Blyth Library, the Local MP Mr Campbell remarked, “We were gobsmacked, we never dreamed we had a library”…………

4. DanHannanMoronEP says:

Dan Hannan is probably into that kind of stuff too.

5. d_k_ says:

WOW! This piece of “news” is only 3 years old.

6. Ian Blackburn says:

Guess one never realised William Hills was the home of fetishes.

7. Catesby says:

Stick a Labour rosette on a donkey and it would win in the North of England. The proof of this:

Tony Blair , Ed Balls, Yvette Cooper, David Milliband, Ed Milliband, Jack Straw, Kitty Usher and many other Metropolitan Middle Class Mediocrities from the South of England who are foisted on the North.

If the people of the North keep voting for people like these they only have themselves to blame. I write as a Northerner who hasn’t voted Labour in over 20 years and will never ever do so again.

8. Graham says:

Thick twat & he’s a mp Jesus Christ

9. Northern and proud says:

@Catesby. Oh and the south is so much better.. Boris??????