Louise Mensch website to close in wake of business partner arrest

Menschbozier Ltd

Louise Mensch’s social media website Menshn — previously touted as a “rival to Twitter” — is to close in the wake of her co-founder’s widely-publicised arrest on suspicion of viewing indecent images of children.

Luke Bozier writes:

It was widely publicised in the days following the hacking of my private email account that I had resigned from menshn, the company I founded and co-own with Louise Mensch. It wasn’t the case that I had resigned as a shareholder, and continue to retain my 50% of the shares in MenschBozier Ltd. However, Louise and I no longer have anything resembling a working relationship, and she no longer wishes to run a company in which I own shares.

I think we call this sort of business practice summary justice. Louise is judge, jury and god all rolled into one, and made a sweeping knee-jerk business decision based on something written online by a malicious hacker. Alas, I am forced to agree that we don’t have a basis for a working relationship, and frankly no longer wish to hold shares in a company she runs.

Statement to follow, presumably.

UPDATE: Somewhat passive aggressively, Mensch is now referring to her former business partner as ‘Mr Bozier’.

1. SimonB says:

The falling out of these high-profile narcissists is a wonder to behold.

2. therealguyfaux says:

That “menshn” name was, shall we say, a bit precious to begin with, wasn’t it, though?

3. Ceilidh says:

Another triumph for David Cameron, Mensch?

4. Luke Poseur says:

How to distance yourself from your scandal hit close friend? Take a leaf out of Ed Balls’ book and refer to him as ‘Mr’

5. Rob D says:

*shrug* it was a pointless vanity project with nothing going for it except a name based on a weak pun.

6. Jimmy says:

I’m puzzled by the “contrary to assurances” line. Was he just supposed to give her his shares? Why not offer to buy his or sell hers?

7. Portia says:

‘Somewhat passive-aggressively’? Perhaps he became ‘Mr Bozier’ to Ms Mensch because she realized that he was someone she used to think she knew well but actually now knows that she didn’t really. It would be distressing for most of us to find that we were associated with liked anything of this kind. It’s much, much worse than being a Tory, after all. It seems entirely reasonable that she would wish to distance herself from him.

8. Portia says:

‘Somewhat passive-aggressively’? Perhaps he became ‘Mr Bozier’ to Ms Mensch because she realized that he was someone she used to think she knew well but actually now knows that she didn’t really. It would be distressing for most of us to find that we were associated with a person who liked anything of this kind. It’s much, much worse than being a Tory, after all. It seems entirely reasonable that she would wish to distance herself from him.

9. Bertie Bumface says:

Was yesterdays little tantrum blog post a deliberate distraction from the fact that yesterday he was due to return to the Police station?

10. Me says:

‘made a sweeping knee-jerk business decision based on something written online by a malicious hacker’

I don’t think it was written by a hacker though, was it? It was written by Luke ‘I love jail-bait’ himself, and while the hacker’s intent may have been malicious in posting it, it gave me a good laugh reading it. Especially how easily he was exposed.