Cameron ‘snubbed Obama call’ to play tennis with Charlie Brooks

Chillaxing David Cameron snubbed a phone call from US president Barack Obama to finish a game of tennis, according to Rebekah Brooks’ husband. Cameron’s Old Etonian friend Charlie Brooks told the Racing Post:

“We’re pretty good friends. I played tennis with him at Chequers one day. I won the first set easily, then he won the second set, and then someone came up to him and said ‘Er… Mr Obama is on the phone for you, Prime Minister.’ He said: ‘I think we’ve got time for a third set – tell Mr Obama I’ll ring him back.’ He obviously thought he had me on the ropes, and I beat him two sets to one.”

It will likely be court appearances of a different kind which will preoccupy the Brooks household from now on.

1. Geoff
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

To be honest I wouldn’t waste my time talking to Obama either.

I’m looking forward to two terms of President Romney.

2. Jonathan
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

The Prime Minister isn’t at any foreign President’s beck and call. Saying ‘I’ll call him back’ is perfectly reasonable as a response to an unscheduled phone call.

3. Isobel
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

One really wonders if the two making replies are for real…. one wants Romney for a couple of terms and Jonathan may I remind you that Cameron is a Servant of the People 24/7 and must put the Country first before his own self inflated ego which obviously took a bashing touche……

4. Michael
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

You’d prefer it if our PM were to be the President’s lapdog then? Or maybe chased after the guy begging for a few minutes of his time like a desperate groupie?

Anyway, I’d have thought Dave would be popular over here, what with him being pretty much a Fabianista.

5. Samuel
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Completely agree with Geoff, all we have got from Obama is hot air and high rhetoric, I don’t blame Cameron for deciding against speaking to him. Come November, I hope Obama is consigned to the history books.

6. Jamie
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Funny how Charlie Brooks is suddenly an honest source for the left when his claims are about Cameron.

Still waiting for your “About this site” to mention your union funding, by the way.

7. Cole
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Hot air from Obama? He only passed a transformational health bill, ended the war in Iraq, started to clean up the economic mess the Republicans left…

Looks like Obama is heading to re-election if you check out recent polls.