In the aftermath of yesterday’s hilarious footage of Boris Johnson stuck dangling from a zip wire in Hackney, here’s a top five rundown of the blonde-haired buffoon’s best video moments — from the hilarious to the frankly worrying.
1) Going for a swim — Classic Boris, the bumbling mayor goes for a tumble into the Thames:
2) The wiff-waff speech — at the handover of the Olympic games, at the end of Beijing 2008, Boris delivers this incomprehensible ramble about ping-pong, or something:
3) Boris vs Germany — Boris’ tackle in this England vs Germany game isn’t exactly in the Olympic spirit:
4) Chickenfeed — Boris describes his £250k salary from News International as “chickenfeed“:
5) NewsCorp Questions — Boris describes questions about his links to NewsCorp as “f**king bollocks“. Except they weren’t, were they Boris?
And this is the man who pollsters reckon would slash Labour’s lead, were he Tory leader.